Contact Marlous Designs for pricing of all lectures and workshops. Offerings are subject to change.
Half Day Workshops:
We offer several half day workshops that are guaranteed to jump start your creativity. Most of our full day workshops can be modified to a half day workshop format.
- Visual Piecing - enter the world of 'unique' with this fun, stress free, pattern-free, 'no way to do it wrong' quilt design.With this technique your spirit will soar and your creativity will know no bounds, and a quilt will be created based on your imagination. Improvisation at its best and quilt design without boundaries.
- Circles are our friends - a shortened version of the full day 'Fearless Circle' workshop. Learn the easy 4 or 8 pin method for setting in circles. If you can sew a 1/4'' seam, you will have success with circles.
- Bags/Totes 101 - learn how to 'box your bottom', make a welt pocket, then add a zipper. I promise it is all easy and painless!!! You will leave with a finished tote. Pattern required - Walk About Tote. Can also be made into a full day workshop.
Full Day Workshops:
We have a slew of full day workshops that are sure to please. We guarantee that you will end the day inspired!
- Landscape Tiles - step into the world of textile art as you create your own fabric collages wall tile. Choose from any of our ‘Tile Collage’ patterns for your workshop. When the day is done you will walk away with a piece of textile art that is part collage, part raw edge appliqué and part ‘shadow’ quilting. It’ easy, fun and rewarding.
Pattern required but participants can choose any one pattern from the ‘tile’ series.
- Visual Piecing - enter the world of 'unique' with this fun, stress free, 'no way to do it wrong' quilt design. This technique is so much fun you will be addicted and will always be asking: 'what would happen if...?'. With this technique your spirit will soar and your creativity will know no bounds.
- A Slice of Freedom - make a quilt top that is totally unique, totally one of a kind as you embark on the fun tour of cutting free hand curves and 'visual piecing'. You will be amazed at how easy it is! This is a more structured approach to 'visual piecing' - not quite pattern-free but most definitely ruler free piecing.
- Painting with Fabric a Landscape Design - discover how to ‘paint’ with fabric as you create a visual stunning piece of textile art. Loosely based on Noriko Endo’s ‘Confetti’ technique, this ‘no rules’, all is good method is liberating and inspiring. In this workshop you will discover how to replicate a scene that is a true work of art when you are done.
- Fearless Circles - from the beginner to the expert, all will have fun with the easy 4 or 8 pin method for setting in circles. Learn how to 'bounce', make crescents, and how to bisect a circle without flattening during this full day workshop. This is a design class and you will be inspired to create!
- Slicing-Dicing-Attitude - see what happens when you slice traditional Courthouse Step blocks. Experiment with some of your favorite blocks, apply some fun 'skinny' applique to see how you can punch up and give some kickin' attitude to even the most traditional of blocks.